ARTICLE OF THE WEEK
FEB.III WEEK, 2011
10 Minutes a Day for Mind and Memory Power Improvement
If you thought that the desire to have a sharper mind and memory would require hours of hard word and practice, think again. You can now use memory power improvement techniques just 10 minutes a day to achieve the desired objective. If you are wondering how to go about it, here are some steps to help you in your endeavor:
• Use mind maps: Since your brain tends to remember pictures better than words, try using mind maps to put your ideas and thoughts on paper. When you put your thoughts on paper, your brain will remember the information unintentionally. So, the next time you review the information, you will feel that you already know it.
• Use the linking method: Try to link stale or boring information into interesting chunks or a memorable story, which is an important memory power improvement method. This way, you will be able to recall them later easily. For example, remembering 12365 can be difficult but if you link the numbers as 1 year = 12 months = 365 days, it becomes easier to remember the same.
• Play brain games: Play games that stimulate your brain cells. Many memory improvement courses stress on the use of chess, crossword puzzles, Sudoku, mechanical puzzles like Rubik’s cube, word power, scrabble, crosswords, word scramble, and logic puzzles – all of which help to keep your brain fit and fine so that every neural interaction gives quick and right results.
• Exercise your eyes: Try to move your eyes from side to side for 30 seconds each day. This will improve the communication between the two hemispheres of your brain, thus helping you in your effort to Increase Memory power.
• Plan your exercise schedule and diet: A healthy body is essential for a healthy mind. So, plan a regular exercise schedule and consume food items that play an important role to memory power improvement.
Your memory power depends on how well your attention span is how quick your brain can store and retrieve information. If any one of these systems does not work properly, you may have memory difficulties. So, try out the memory improvement tips as mentioned above on a regular basis to enhance your mind and memory power.