READERS CLUB PROGRAMME
MINUTES OF THE PROGRAMME HELD ON 19/2/2011
1. After the silent prayer, all the participants were welcomed by K Vishnu Priya, Vice-President
2. R Narasimhan of VIII C from Dan Brown Group talked about ‘Robert Langdon’ , a famous character.
3. Deepa of IX A of Agatha Christie Group shared two beautiful poems on ‘ Mother’ in the We are Ready to Share programme.
4. M J Balaji of VIII A gave information about ‘R K Narayan’ – the famous Indian author under ‘Author of the Week’ programme.
5. A P Gayathri and Abirami of Class IX B from Rabindranath Tagore presented two mind captivating stories entitled ‘ Sand the stone’ and ‘The different way of approach’in the story time.
6. Anuvaishnavi, IX C and Joshitha, VIII B of Shakespeare Group conducted the weekly book quiz.
7. The book quiz was followed by a ‘Funny Quiz’ by Mr.K.Ramasamy, Librarian, The convener.
8. A Group Discussion on the topic ‘ Do we need homework in schooling now-a-days?. A selected team of students drawn from different groups participated in the Group Discussion. It was a lively and thought-provoking discussion.
9. ‘Raise above the Criticism’ – was the message of Mr.K.Ramasamy, Librarian, The convener of the Readers Club.
10. Vote of thanks was proposed by Kum.A P Gayathri, IX B Secretary.
11. The minutes of the programme was prepared by Srivatsan, IX A .