READERS CLUB PROGRAMME
MINUTES OF THE PROGRAMME HELD ON 24/2/2011
1. The programme was compered by K.Vishnu Priya, IX D , Vice-president.
2. After the silent prayer, all the participants were welcomed by K Vishnu Prasad, President
3. Vishnu Prasad of Agatha Christe talked about ‘Characters in Famous Five series’.
4. Srivatsan of J K Rowling Group shared information about the world’s humourist novelist ‘’ P G Wodehouse’ under the We are Ready to Share programme.
5. Deepu Vijay of Rabindranath Tagore Group gave information about ‘O Henry ’ – the famous writer under ‘Author of the Week’ programme.
6. Joshitha of William Shakespeare Group presented a story entitled ‘ Never Neglect Studies’.
7. Akshar and Sridhar of Dan Brown Group conducted the weekly book quiz in a more interesting way.
8. A new programme called ‘ Spin the story, the way you wish’ was held afterwards. We had three rounds in toto. A student from a group will start the story which will be continued in a more fascination way by a student from the next group and so on.
9. ‘Turn the scars into stars’ , ‘ Achieve , in spite of, not in the absence of difficulties’ – was the message of Mr.K.Ramasamy, Librarian, The convener of the Readers Club.
10. Vote of thanks was proposed by Anu Vaishnavi, IX B.
11. The Convener, K.Ramsamy thanked all the assistant conveners, group leaders, office bearers and the students for their whole-hearted co-operation in having useful RC programmes ( five in numbers) since Nov. 2010 and appealed that the same kind of cooperation and enthusiasm would still the club to plan and execute more items in the years to come.
12. The minutes of the programme was prepared by A P Gayathir, IX A , Secretary.