GANDHI QUIZ 6
1. Mahatma Gandhi was born as Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi on?
1869 October 2
He was born in the Porbandar city of Gujarat. His father, Karamchand Gandhi was the diwan of Porbandar.
Mother: – Putlibai.
2. Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, October 2nd is observed as?
International Day of Non-Violence.
United Nations General Assembly decided to observe this day as International Day of Non-Violence from 2007
3. Gandhiji was married to?
Kasturba Makhanji, she is later known as Kasturba Gandhi. Gandhiji was married at the age of 13 and had four sons Harilal, Manilal, Ramdas and Devdas.
4. Gandhi went to University College of London to study as a barrister in the year?
5. When did Gandhi travel to South Africa for legal work?
6. Organization started by Gandhiji in 1894 that aimed to fight discrimination against Indians in South Africa?
Natal Indian Congress
7. Name the Newspaper established by Mahatma Gandhi which was an important tool for the political movement led by Gandhi and the Natal Indian Congress to fight racial discrimination and win civil rights for the Indian immigrant community in South Africa.
The Indian Opinion
8. Gandhi returned from South Africa in?
1915 January 9.
9. Which Satyagraha was the first to be started by Gandhiji in India?
Champaran in 1918
10. Which day is observed as Pravasi Bharatiya Divas every year as it was on this day in 1915 that Mahatma Gandhi returned to India from South Africa?
January 9. From 2003, this day is observed as Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
11. Gandhi spent how many years in South Africa.?
12. Gandhiji jailed for the first time in?
1908 in Pretoria
13. Gandhiji started “Navjeevan” weekly in which language?
14. Gandhiji led Dandi March (Salt Satyagrah) which started on March 12, 1930 departing from Sabarmati Ashram, to reach the coast at Dandi, on 6th of April. How many followers accompanied him in that march?
15. Gandhiji launched his weekly “Harijan” in the year?
16. Gandhiji made the slogan “Do or Die” for?
Quit India Movement
17. Mahatma Gandhi was referred to as the “Father of the Nation” first by?
Subhash Chandra Bose
18. Gandhiji was referred to as the “Mahatma” first by?
Ravindra Nath Tagore
19. Gandhiji became the president of Indian National Congress in?
1924 at the Belgaum session of Indian National Congress
20. At which place did the British Government arrest Gandhiji for sedition for the first time?
21. Who was the private secretary of Mahatma Gandhi?
22. French Novelist who wrote the biography of Gandhiji?
Romain Rolland , a French dramatist, essayist, art historian and mystic who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1915 wrote the biography of Gandhiji “Mahatma Gandhi”
23. The book written by Gandhiji which is considered as an interpretation/commentary of Bhagavad Geetha ?
24. Gandhiji arrived Kerala for the fist time in ?
1920 August 18
He visited Kerala five times. His last visit was in 1936 November 13
25. Mahatma Gandhi applied his Satyagraha first against:
The raciest authorities of South Africa
26. From whose book an instantaneous and practical information was brought about in Mahatma Gandhi’s life:
27. The idea of Gramaswaraj was first proposed by ?
28. Death of Mahatma Gandhi was in?
29. Where did Gandhiji undertake his first hunger strike in India?
30. Who called Gandhiji “a half naked fakir”?
31. The film “Making of Mahatma” is directed by ?
32. Gandhiji founded All India Harijan Singh in ?
33. In how many days was the 356 Km journey from Sabarmati Ashram to Dandi covered on foot by Gandhiji and his followers?
34.Chauri Chaura incident prompted Gandhiji to halt which movement?
Non Cooperation Movement
35. Who assassinated Gandhiji?
Nathuram Godse. Gandhiji was shot on january 30, 1948 by a hindu fellow named Nathuram Godse.
36. In the film”Gandhi” which actor played the role of Gandhiji ?
The film is directed by Richard Attenborough.
37. Gandhiji’s famous Harijan- uplift tour started from?
38. “In nature there is enough for everyone’s need, but too little for everyone’s greed” These are the words from the famous leader?
39.”Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as [Gandhi] ever in flesh and blood walked upon this earth.” Who said these words about Gandhiji?