August 21, 2010 • 9:40 am 0
August 19, 2010 • 10:27 am 0
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ASSESSMENT OF SCHOLASTIC AREAS
The KVS has introduced CCE from classes III to X from the academic session 2010-2011. A suggestive calendar of activities / programme for scholastic and co-scholastic areas has been prepared to provide guidelines for implementation. However, for class IX and X the CBSE pattern may be followed. The calendar of activities in respect of class II to V will be available shortly on the website. The proposed guidelines includes month wise split-up syllabus along with areas to be assessed under Formative and Summative Assessment. It has been prepared with an inherent flexibility providing freedom to the teachers to implement it with suitable amendments (modification/ wherever required without diluting the objectives of CCE. The term wise weightage would be as follows:
I Term II Term (April – September) (October – March) FA1 – 10% ( pen-paper test) FA3 – 10% ( pen-paper test) FA2 – 10% FA4 – 10% SA1 – 30% ( pen-paper test) SA2 – 30% ( pen-paper test) FA1+FA2+FA3+FA4 = 40% SA1 + SA2 = 60% Total = 100% Grade Marks
Range Grade Point
A1 93-100 10.0
A2 83-92 9.0
B1 73-82 8.0
B2 63-72 7.0
C1 53-62 6.0
C2 43-52 5.0
D1 33-42 4.0
D2 23-32 3.0
E 22 and below 2.0
CGPA = Total Grade Point / No of Subjects
Note: 1. Please use SUSHA AND BARAHA Hindi fonts for opening the documents of Hindi and Sanskrit. 2. The schedule for FA2 and FA4 may be decided at school level. 3. The progress report card may be printed as per CBSE format (IX-X) but separately for Class VI, VII & VIII.
August 17, 2010 • 10:37 am 0
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ASSESSMENT OF CO-SCHOLASTIC AREAS
- All Co-scholastic areas will be assessed term wise.
- The teachers will maintain student wise record along with relevant descriptive indicators before awarding the final grade.
- The teachers will ensure and encourage participation of each child in one activity or the other so that no child is left out from participation from the activities organized at the Class / School or Inter school level.
- The teachers have to keenly observe the behaviour /skills/ competencies/ attitudes of the each child in the class on all possible occasions.
- The class teachers should have a healthy interaction with the subject teachers as well as the co-scholastic subject teachers before awarding the final grades.
- Grades will be awarded on a 5 points scale
(Grading on 5 Point scale)
- A School wise calendar of activities showing the Scholastic and Co- Scholastic - CCA / Games and Sports and other programmes may be made in the beginning of the academic session and implemented effectively
- The Principals are to ensure personally that all activities of the KVS are conducted in a befitting manner – well planned and executed by involving all the teachers and the students.
- The teachers may be trained /guided, directed by the Principal/ Master Trainers for the effective implementation of CCE.
- The progress report card may be printed as per CBSE format (IX-X) but separately for Class VI, VII & VIII.
August 17, 2010 • 10:32 am 0
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
CO-SCHOLASTIC AREAS – SUGGESTIVE MODE OF ASSESSMENT FOR CLASSES III – X
CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK